Wednesday, October 19, 2011

October 19, 2011- Baked Sweet Potato Chips

I bought a sweet potato when I went grocery shopping this week to go with a BBQ Pork I wanted to make in the crock pot but that meal got hacked from the menu for this week. So I was stuck with the starch and had not a clue what to do with it. Wednesdays are my Zumba nights so we usually do something quick and easy. I've always said that I refuse to be a short-order cook, but with 2 out of 3 in our family being picky eaters it's become a necessity. So- Sean grilled a steak from himself, Avery had mac and cheese, and I made a salad. And then there was the sweet potato. Here's what I did... and it was AWESOME!

Baked Sweet Potato Chips
1 sweet potato (for the 2 of us)
1 TBSP melted butter
2 TBSP brown sugar
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Peel and slice the sweet potato into thin chips.
2. Meanwhile, mix the butter, sugar, cinnamon and salt in a small bowl.
3. Spray a cookie sheet (or 2, which I needed) and spread the potatoes in a single layer. Brush potatoes with butter mixture. Bake for 20-25 minutes, flipping half way through cooking.

Mmmm...... These were fantastic!

No comments:

Post a Comment