Sunday, October 16, 2011

Week 3 Review

Well, another weird week. The fall always seems so busy. I am really hoping things settle down soon so we can get back into the swing of things! With being over-scheduled so much starts to become affected... diet, exercise, energy, motivation. This week it's back to working out 4-5 days and back to calorie counting for me. And back to cooking dinner!

This past Monday (10/10) we had a wonderful dinner at Isaac's, my favorite sandwich type place. A cup of Pepperjack Tomato Soup (the real deal) and a Twisted Chicken Sandwich hit the spot. Best part was that after 2 gift cards were cashed in the dinner cost us $8, including the tip! Can't beat that!

On Tuesday Sean grilled up some steaks and I added Alexia Olive Oil, Rosemary, and Garlic potatoe wedges. They were great.

Wednesday is pasta night in our house because I have Zumba. Tonight we had Penne Rigate with homemade pesto. I will be posting that recipe tomorrow.

Thursday... hmm. Thursday... what did we have. Well, I can't remember, but I know we ate in.

On Friday Sean left after work to go hunting for the weekend and my parents came out to stay with us. I made baked ziti for the three of us since that's one of the Italian dishes I love but can never eat since Sean doesn't eat red sauce. It definitely hit the spot! That recipe is coming, too.

Saturday brought us to the Caenarvon Fire Hall for the fall turkey supper. We leared that this feast first started in 1934. They serve well over 500 dinners in the hall on this day plus hundreds of more to-go orders. I always love this dinner because it's a great precursor for Thanksgiving! Turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, green beans, corn, homemade Amish pepper cabbage, and so much more. It was a good week of eating!

Dinners Cooked- 4
Dinners Out- 3
Winner- Dinners Cooked! Wahoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment