Sunday, October 30, 2011

Week 5 Review

Well, it was another crazy week. Once I get going here I am going to start posting my weekly menu so we stick with it! Monday, 10/24 was Avery's 3rd birthday. She decided we should skip dance class so we could fully enjoy her birthday dinner at Friendly's. I hadn't been there in forever, and my total dinner calories were the same as my total daily calories, but it was great and delicious and totally worth it!

On Tuesday we did the ham steaks with orange champagne marmalade again. It was just as great as the first time. This time I had scalloped potatoes as a side and Sean had creamed spinach.

On Wednesday I used some left-over Williams Sonoma Weeknight Braising Sauce (Carmalized Onion) for something other than braising since that seems a little too time consuming. I tossed about 1/3 of the jar (which is what we happened to have left) into the crockpot with 8 chicken tenderloins. After 4 hours on low (since my chicken was already defrosted) we ate it over white rice. Sean really enjoyed it and I thought it was about as good as a quick, easy dinner could get.

On Thursday we just decided to order pizza. It was one of those nights. And on Friday night my father-in-law returned from an 8 week long trip so we met him for dinner at Reflections. Reflections is quickly becoming one of my favorite restaurants. I had a crab cake sandwich and it was one of the best I've had at a restaurant. But the star of the evenining was a Smashed Pumpkin martini. I wish I could remember what was in it, but it was easily the best martini I ever had.

Saturday we were without power for most of the day due to a freak snow storm so we decided to order Chinese since weren't sure what the cooking situation would be. Although the power was on it was a nice, relaxing finish to the week. We ate out a lot this week... a lot more than normal. But I guess that's not too terrible every once in a while.

Dinners Cooked- 2
Dinners Out/Ordered In- 4
Winner- Dinners Out (but at least all the dinners we paid for were $20 or less. Friendly's rang in at about $30, but Sean and I had ice cream so that wasn't too bad)

No comments:

Post a Comment